Car Accident Attorney in Glendale, Arizona
Esurance reports that 77 percent of all drivers currently on the roadways have had at least one car accident. Further, the “average” driver will file an insurance claim for an auto collision approximately once every 17.9 years. If you begin driving at age 16, this means you are likely to have 3-4 car accidents throughout your life. While most car accidents occur within fifteen miles of the driver’s home, your chances of being involved in a car accident during a 1,000-mile trip are 1 in 366—a rather alarming statistic for those set to leave on a road trip. If you have been involved in a car accident, you must speak to car accident lawyer Brad Johnson as quickly as possible.
Thousands of local residents are killed or seriously injured in Glendale, AZ car accidents every year. Most of these car accidents are completely preventable as they are largely caused by human error, bad road conditions, or poorly designed/defective vehicles. Hiring the right car accident lawyer is critical after your car accident. The right attorney—one who is compassionate, experienced, and highly skilled—can definitely affect the outcome of your car accident claim.
Further, when you have a solid legal professional in your corner, you will have a much better understanding of what is involved in your Arizona car accident claim. At Brad Johnson Injury Law, we have a professional personal injury team with a strong background in auto accidents. We can help you file a legal claim in order to recover the compensation you deserve. We are empowered to fight back on your behalf.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer for Your Case
When you have sustained injuries from a car accident that was not your fault, you need a legal team that has experience helping Arizona car accident victims. Brad Johnson Injury Law has the experience, knowledge, and skills necessary—along with a healthy dose of compassion for you and your situation—that can truly make a difference in the outcome of your car accident.
There are so many aspects of your car accident claim that can be exponentially more complex without a strong legal advocate by your side. There are other aspects of a car accident (including securing a rental car, negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf, or finding a doctor willing to wait for payment) that Attorney Brad Johnson can make so much easier for you.
Our comprehensive legal team will make the confusing, complicated aspects of your car accident make sense while we fight for your rights and for your future. When you have a legal team with highly skilled paralegals, experienced accident investigators, and knowledgeable attorneys, you are simply more likely to receive an equitable settlement. You will also have peace of mind, knowing our team is fighting for you every step of the way.
At Brad Johnson Injury Law we work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless we are successful in recovering funds for you, whether in a settlement or via a verdict. We have a well-deserved reputation across the state of Arizona for being the hard work we do for our clients who have suffered severe, life-changing injuries. At Brad Johnson Injury Law, you will find:
- A solid legal team with more than 30 years of personal injury experience
- We are a local, highly client-centric law firm rather than a large, impersonal regional/national firm
- A legal team that takes an individualized approach to each and every case
- A compassionate attorney who personally handles every case
- A law firm with more than 100 positive Google reviews
- A firm that has strong core values
- We offer 24/7 availability and free consultations
- A firm that has implemented a 25 percent contingency fee rather than the typical 33.3 percent fee
- Staff that speaks both English and Spanish
Identifying the Major Factors Contributing to Car Accidents in Glendale, AZ
Driver error and the negligent operation of motor vehicles are definitely the most frequent causes of car accidents. Drivers have a responsibility to follow the road rules and operate their cars safely to avoid causing accidents and injuring others. When a car accident occurs because someone was negligently operating their vehicle, Arizona personal injury law allows the victim to argue that the driver breached their duty of care, therefore, should be held responsible for a victim’s injuries.
Experienced Glendale car accident Attorney Brad Johnson can help you recover compensation for your injuries and damages. You must receive solid advice from an experienced attorney as soon as possible following your car accident. You should never speak to an insurance representative following your car accident without first consulting Attorney Brad Johnson. Brad is dedicated to representing your best interests, your rights, and your future. The following are the most common causes of car accidents in Glendale, AZ, and across the United States.
- Distracted driving—Distracted driving has quickly made it to the top of the list as the primary cause of auto accidents. Americans eat entire meals while driving, change car controls, set their GPS or radio, text or read texts, talk on the phone, turn around to see what the children are doing in the back seat, talk to passengers, or simply daydream. All of these are dangerous behaviors when you are behind the wheel. According to the End Distracted Driving website, in-vehicle infotainment systems—while created to simplify navigation and communications tasks—have actually caused more distraction for older drivers who are unfamiliar with the often-complex menus and finicky voice commands. In fact, these features can actually take a driver’s attention away from the road for up to 40 seconds, with drivers between 55 and 75 taking from 4.7 to 8.6 seconds longer to perform these operations in comparison to younger drivers from 21-36. Even more car accidents are likely the result of distracted driving than we actually know because few drivers admit they were driving while distracted.
- Fatigued driving—Truck drivers are notorious for driving while overly fatigued, and more and more often, other drivers are engaging in drowsy driving as well. Safety and Health Magazine reported that in 2019 the average amount of sleep adults in the U.S. get had decreased to five hours and 30 minutes—down from six hours and 17 minutes in 2018. Since the pandemic began, adults report getting even less sleep, so it is a pretty safe bet that many of us who are driving have not had enough sleep.
- Impaired driving—Virtually everyone knows it is unsafe to drink and drive. When you drive after drinking alcohol or taking either certain prescription drugs or illegal drugs, your reaction times and decision-making abilities are significantly compromised.
- Exceeding the speed limit—Excess speed contributes to many car accidents. Drivers routinely drive 10, 15, 20, or even more miles over the posted speed limit, placing others on the road in peril. The faster you drive, the slower your reaction time, leading to car accidents.
- Running stoplights or stop signs—Far too many drivers blow through stop signs, assuming nobody is coming, or speed up when they see a yellow light. This behavior is risky and likely to cause a car accident. Stop signs and stoplights are not “suggestions.” It is imperative that drivers obey these and other traffic rules to avoid car accidents.
- Overly aggressive driving—It seems as though everyone’s temper and patience are short these days, and this seems to translate into reckless or aggressive driving. Weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, cutting other drivers off, changing lanes back and forth, and ignoring yield signs are all recipes for disaster.
- Inclement weather—When the weather is terrible, drivers need to slow down, yet many do not. Rain, snow, ice, high winds, and blowing dust can all create hazards on the roadways. It is important to slow down and drive extra carefully if you must drive in bad weather and avoid hitting your brakes hard as that could cause you to go into a skid.
- Roadway hazards—Potholes, debris in the road, animals running across a road, or even steep, winding roads can cause hazards that result in a car accident.
- Defective automobile parts, particularly tires and brakes—Defective brakes and tires are a significant cause of auto accidents. You must keep your car well-maintained and ensure your tires have plenty of tread to avoid accidents.
Other causes of car accidents include inexperienced teen drivers, night driving, improper turns, and driving the wrong way. Accidents can be avoided when drivers pay attention and make better decisions.
Frequent Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents
Being comprehensively evaluated by a doctor immediately after the accident will give you a better perspective on the injuries you have sustained and the next steps you should take to protect yourself. Your injuries may last for several weeks, months, or even years. If you are unable to work as a result of your injuries, or if your life has been detrimentally affected by such an accident, you need an attorney who is committed to pursuing all avenues in your recovery. Your lawyer may be able to assist you with compensation to pay your medical bills, lost wages, and money for pain and suffering.
Having Glendale car accident Attorney Brad Johnson who can appropriately articulate and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, is incredibly important. We want to help you recover the money you need to get better following your car accident. No one should ever find themselves in the position of fighting back against the insurance company and a clearly negligent driver, but the preparation of your case and an investigation carried out immediately is extremely valuable. Do not hesitate to contact the experienced Brad Johnson Injury Law team in Glendale following your car accident. Car accidents can lead to severe, life-changing injuries, including:
- Serious burns
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal organ damage
Less severe—but still serious—injuries from car accidents include fractures, sprains, strains, neck and back injuries, knee injuries, cuts, and bruises.
How Glendale Car Accident Lawyer Brad Johnson Can Help
After a car accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier is responsible for paying your medical expenses, auto repairs, and other damages. Unfortunately, many insurance companies want to pay the minimal amount—much less than you need and deserve. Additionally, the at-fault driver may be underinsured or entirely uninsured, leaving you to deal with additional issues and headaches.
Attorney Brad Johnson will deal with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure you receive an equitable settlement that will cover all your damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. When you contact Brad Johnson Injury Law following your car accident, a member of our legal team will meet with you to help you sort through the details of your car accident. We will work hard, using every resource at our disposal, to ensure you receive the largest settlement possible. Contact Brad Johnson Injury Law for a free comprehensive consultation if you have been injured in a Glendale, AZ car accident.