Dog Bite Injury Attorney Glendale, Arizona
We don’t get paid unless we win!
Dogsbite.org reported the following statistics concerning dog bites in the United States:
- Approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the U.S., with one out of five bites becoming infected and requiring further treatment.
- In 2018, 27,000 victims of dog bites underwent reconstructive surgery.
- The average cost of a dog bite-related hospital stay is $18,200.
- Every day in the U.S., more than 1,000 people are treated in hospital ERs for non-fatal dog bite injuries.
If you are the victim of a dog bite, it is vital to seek immediate medical attention and speak with experienced Glendale dog bite attorney Brad Johnson. Many dog bite injury victims must deal with both physical injuries and emotional trauma following a dog bite or dog attack. If the dog bite left visible scarring, particularly on the face, the trauma deepens. Many victims of a dog bite or attack must also face a lifetime of being afraid of dogs—which are very difficult to avoid, as they are virtually everywhere.
Following a dog bite or animal attack, you may be able to take legal action for your damages. Hiring a knowledgeable Glendale dog bite attorney to represent you can truly make a difference in your personal injury claim outcome. Brad Johnson Injury Law has handled many dog bite cases in the past. You will be in good hands when it comes to getting the legal support you need and deserve. Our knowledgeable legal team will thoroughly investigate your case then pursue your injury claim with dedication and care.
Why Should You Choose Glendale Dog Bite Attorney Brad Johnson?
It can be extremely frustrating to deal with insurance companies who do not seem to be considering you, your future, and your best interests. Attorney Brad Johnson has a mission to provide quality legal services to those injured in accidents caused by another’s negligence. While this may sound simple enough, providing “quality legal services” can truly be the difference between Brad Johnson Injury Law and other law firms in Glendale. When you work with our legal team, the often-overwhelming legal process becomes simple—and human.
With the strength and experience of a large law firm and the heart and attention of a small one, we operate our law firm with honesty and integrity. You will never be “just another client” when you choose Brad Johnson Injury Law. We truly care about helping our clients, and those efforts are driven by our core values: compassion, accountability, and transparency. We will always return your phone calls, usually the same day. We will ensure you are fully informed during the entire process of your claim, answering all your questions thoroughly yet in an easy-to-understand matter. Choosing Brad Johnson Injury Law for your dog bite injury is the smart move because we:
- Have more than three decades of personal injury experience
- Offer an individualized approach to each and every case
- Are a compassionate yet experienced local law firm rather than a large, impersonal regional/national law firm
- Have more than 100 positive Google Reviews
- Are available for your legal needs 24/7
- Offer free comprehensive consultations
- Do not get paid unless we win
- Have strong core values
- Charge a 25% fee vs. the “typical” 33.3% fee
- Have both English and Spanish speaking staff
Who is Liable for Injuries Due to a Glendale Dog Bite or Dog Attack?
In Arizona, dog bites and dog attacks fall under strict liability claims. According to state law, if a dog bites, the owner is responsible, regardless of proof of negligence. Many dogs can cause sudden, unexpected injuries, especially for children or the elderly. Under A.R.S. Section 11-1025, the dog owner can be held liable, with the victim only having to show that their injuries were the result of a bite or attack by the owner’s dog.
It does not matter whether the dog bite occurred on private property or a public setting, so long as the victim was not a trespasser instead was an invitee or guest. While some states follow a “one free bite” rule where the owner of a dog may not be held liable if this is the first time the dog has bitten someone, Arizona does not. The only defense a dog owner has against liability for dog bite injuries is if they can prove the dog was intentionally provoked.
If a reasonable person would believe the victim’s actions provoked the dog and that the dog would not have bitten if not provoked, then the owner may not be liable. If the dog that bit someone was, at the time, under the care and control of someone other than the owner at the time of the incident, then both the caretaker and the owner may be held jointly liable.
What You Should Know About Dog Bites and Injuries from Dog Bites
Some of the most common dog bite injuries include scars, emotional distress, and infections associated with a dog bite injury that wasn’t treated quickly enough. Even a minor attack from a vicious dog could lead to bruises, cuts, infections, and deep puncture wounds. Dog bites can range from minor to severe. Some of the more common injuries associated with dog bites include:
- Broken, punctured skin wounds
- Infection from the bite
- Broken bones from being knocked down
- Injuries to the eye, or even vision loss
- Facial lacerations resulting in severe scarring
- Head and neck injuries
- Nerve and tissue damage
- Emotional trauma
The Brad Johnson Injury Law team will help you find your way through your dog bite injuries. Your injuries can potentially cost you thousands in medical bills—yet another reason the owner of the dog must be held liable. As a dog bite victim, you can be compensated for your injuries through the dog owner’s home insurance policy. There are strict deadlines for filing an injury claim following your Glendale dog bite; Attorney Brad Johnson will ensure all deadlines are properly met and that your injuries are fully taken care of.
A knowledgeable Glendale dog bite attorney can help you navigate the legal process and file a claim in a timely fashion. As a dog bite injury victim, you already have enough to worry about, and the management of your legal case should not be one more thing added to your plate. Consulting with the legal team at Brad Johnson Injury Law will provide you with peace of mind, knowing they have the experience, knowledge, and skills necessary to obtain a fair settlement for you. In short, you will always be 100 percent sure we are advocating for your best interests and fighting on your behalf.
Do I Have a Dog Bite Claim?
As noted, if your bite occurred on public property or private property when you were legally on the property, and the bite was unprovoked, you likely have a valid Glendale dog bite claim. You might not be entitled to file a dog bite injury claim if the dog that bit you was:
- Involved in the execution of a warrant
- Helping with a possible or known crime investigation
- Assisting a peace officer or defending the peace officer
- Holding or apprehending a suspect
You could be entitled to recover compensation for your lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages if you were bitten by a dog or attacked by a dog or other animal. The experienced Glendale dog bite injury team at Brad Johnson Injury Law has the necessary resources and knowledge to handle your claim competently and effectively. You deserve to have someone fighting for your rights so that you can focus on recovering from your serious dog bite injury.
What Should You Do Following Your Glendale Dog Bite?
Being bitten or attacked by a dog or other animal can be a traumatic experience that can leave you overwhelmed. While this is understandable, if you are physically able you can help protect your rights—and your health—by doing the following:
- Seek shelter from the aggressive animal.
- Call 911 if your injuries are anything more than very minor.
- Wash the wound with soap and water as quickly as possible.
- If you are able, take photos with your cell phone of the scene of the accident and the dog
- Seek medical attention through a local ER or your primary care physician.
- Report the dog bite to animal control.
- Once you have seen a physician and are home, record all the details associated with the dog attack, including the dog breed, size and color, and location of the animal.
- Write down contact information from any witnesses who saw the dog attack.
- Keep clothing or other items worn or damaged at the time of the dog bite or attack.
- Contact experienced Glendale dog bite injury attorney Brad Johnson
How Glendale Dog Bite Attorney Brad Johnson Can Help
Attorney Brad Johnson built his firm on the idea that attorneys should show their clients compassion and commitment from the very beginning, going above and beyond in each case. At Brad Johnson Injury Law, this includes meeting accident injury victims within two hours of the initial call, finding qualified medical providers who will wait for payment until the claim settles, and offering a 25 percent fee rather than the usual 33.3 percent fee. If you have been injured by a dog bite or any other type of personal injury, Attorney Brad Johnson can help you through this difficult time, ensuring you receive the settlement amount you need and are entitled to. Contact Brad Johnson Injury Law today for experience and skill, coupled with compassion for your situation.