Car Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
According to Fox 10 News, there are about 85 car collisions each day in the city of Phoenix, or about 30,000 per year. Covering 500 square miles and with millions of drivers on the road, it stands to reason that some of those drivers will be running into one another. The city sees one fatal car accident about every other day. While the city’s Street Transportation Department is working on improving high crash intersections, it is equally important that Phoenix drivers slow down and get rid of the distractions while they are driving.
If you are involved in a car accident, it is important that you contact experienced Phoenix car accident attorney Brad Johnson. You want to be sure you have a strong advocate in your corner from the very beginning—someone who will protect your rights and ensure the best outcome possible from your car accident claim.
Thousands of local Phoenix residents are killed or seriously injured in car accidents, with the majority of these accidents being preventable. Most car accidents are the result of human error, poor road conditions, or dangerous or defective vehicles or vehicle parts. Hiring the right lawyer is a crucial decision when getting help following your accident because who you choose can influence the settlement or verdict and give you a better understanding of what is involved in your claim.
At Brad Johnson Injury Law, we have a professional, highly experienced personal injury team with a solid background in car accidents. We can help you file a legal claim, working hard on your behalf to ensure your settlement is equitable and fully covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages We are empowered to fight back on your behalf.
Why Should You Hire Phoenix Car Accident Attorney Brad Johnson?
When you work with Brad Johnson Injury Law on your car accident claim, you can be confident you are getting quality personal service and legal guidance. For more than three decades, Brad Johnson has been walking clients through the personal injury claim process in the simplest way. Brad will help you understand your claim and what you are entitled to receive for your car accident injuries. Brad establishes trust through every step of the process through open communication and transparency. When you contact Brad Johnson Injury Law, our knowledgeable legal team will first gather information and determine an action plan.
We will determine what you need as far as medical care; we partner with many doctors throughout the Valley who can provide care for you and are willing to wait for payment until your case settles. Once your medical treatment is complete, and your condition is stabilized, attorney Brad Johnson will take all the available medical evidence and determine the amount of medical expenses you have now and may have in the future. Once all the medical evidence has been reviewed, we will make a demand to the insurance company; then, we will do everything in our power to move your case toward settlement as quickly as possible. When you choose Brad Johnson Injury Law, you will receive:
- A legal team with more than thirty years of personal injury experience
- A local law firm that is compassionate and knowledgeable rather than a large impersonal regional/national law firm
- A firm with more than 100 positive Google Reviews
- A firm with core values that benefit you and your claim
- Availability that is 24/7
- Free comprehensive consultations
- A fee that is less than most attorneys—25 percent vs. 33.3 percent
- Both English and Spanish speaking staff
We don’t get paid unless we win, so there is absolutely no risk to you—you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. We will work hard on your behalf for the very best outlook possible following your car accident.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Phoenix?
Car accidents are most frequently caused by the negligent operation of a motor vehicle. Drivers of all vehicles in Arizona have a responsibility to operate the car safely and to do so without harming others. When an accident happens because someone was unsafely operating a motor vehicle, a car accident attorney can advocate on your behalf that the driver breached their duty of care and should be held responsible for your injuries.
Even in situations where you might be partially at fault, an experienced car accident attorney can help recover compensation for your injuries as well as other compensable damages. It is important that you seek the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney immediately following your accident. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Excessive speed
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Impaired driving
- Aggressive driving
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Inclement weather
- Defective cars or car parts
- Debris or animals in the road
Distracted driving causes many car accidents—likely many more than we actually know because few people want to admit they caused an accident because they were eating, talking on the phone, fiddling with the radio, texting, or turning around to see what the children were doing in the back seat. Drowsy or fatigued driving can be almost as dangerous as impaired driving. Both can cause slowed reaction times as well as other cognitive deficiencies. Aggressive driving includes exceeding the speed limit by a significant amount, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, or refusing to yield.
You should never speak to an insurance adjuster after the accident without first consulting with attorney Brad Johnson. The insurance agents have their own best interests to protect rather than yours. Therefore, you need an auto accident lawyer in Arizona who is dedicated to only representing your best interests.
What Are the Different Types of Car Accidents?
While each car accident is unique, there are several common types of car accidents, including:
- Rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident and are largely the result of inattention and distracted driving, along with following too closely. Rear-end collisions are almost always the fault of the driver in the back, although, in some situations, the driver in the front may have suddenly slammed on their brakes, leaving the rear driver few options but to collide. Whiplash is a common injury stemming from a rear-end collision, although more severe injuries can also occur.
- Head-on collisions are the most dangerous kind of car crashes, although they are less common than other types of collisions. When both vehicles are moving toward one another at high rates of speed, the force of impact virtually always causes severe injury or death. Common causes of head-on collisions include distracted driving, a driver who falls asleep at the wheel, impaired driving, or reckless driving.
- Side-impact collisions are often known as “t-bone” accidents since they occur when one vehicle strikes another broadside, and the two vehicles form a “T.” Side-impact collisions are particularly dangerous for occupants on the side that is struck. The sides of vehicles have less mass to absorb the impact that the front or back. Children in the back seat can also be struck by a side-curtain airbag, with devastating consequences.
- A sideswipe accident occurs when two vehicles are traveling parallel to one another, and one of the vehicles strikes the side of the other. This type of accident can occur when a driver doesn’t properly check blind spots before merging lanes or changing lanes. When a sideswipe accident occurs, the impact can cause one or both vehicles to lose control and slam into other vehicles in other lanes of traffic.
- Single-vehicle accidents are much more common than you might imagine, usually resulting when a driver strikes an animal, cargo that has fallen from a truck, or debris in the road, causing the car to veer off the road, often hitting a fixed object like a light pole. In some cases, the vehicle may roll over multiple times. Single-vehicle accidents are sometimes caused by impaired drivers, excess speed, poor weather conditions, or driving while overly fatigued.
- Multi-vehicle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries or fatalities. Since there are more people and more cars involved, it can be much more difficult to sort out liability. In some situations, a multi-vehicle car accident is a chain reaction rear-end collision.
No matter what type of car accident you are involved in, speaking to a knowledgeable Phoenix, AZ car accident attorney can make a significant difference in how your case progresses and what your settlement looks like.
What Injuries Are Most Likely to Occur in a Car Accident?
Being comprehensively evaluated by a doctor immediately after the accident will give you a better perspective on the injuries you have sustained and the next steps you should take to protect yourself. Your injuries may last for several weeks, months, or even years. If you are unable to work as a result of your injuries, or if your life has been detrimentally affected by such an accident, you need an attorney who is committed to pursuing all avenues in your recovery. Your lawyer may be able to assist you with compensation to pay your medical bills, lost wages, and money for pain and suffering.
Having a lawyer to calculate a fair settlement amount can help you recover the money you need to get better after a serious Arizona auto accident. No one should have to find themselves in the position of fighting back against the insurance company or a clearly negligent driver. Having an experienced personal injury attorney investigate and prepare your case is an invaluable resource. Do not hesitate to contact the experienced legal team at Brad Johnson Injury Law as soon as possible. Auto accidents can lead to severe, even life-changing injuries, including:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Limb amputations
- Vision loss
- Facial lacerations and disfigurement
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concussions and head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
What Types of Compensation Can You Receive Following a Phoenix Car Accident?
While your specific compensation will depend on the circumstances and facts surrounding your car accident, generally speaking, the following damages are available:
- Medical expenses, past, present, and future, related to the injuries resulting from your car accident. These medical expenses can include ER charges, physician expenses, surgical expenses, hospital expenses, prescription drug expenses, and expenses for rehabilitative therapies.
- Lost wages, including past and current lost wages associated with your car accident, as well as calculations for future lost wages if your injuries will prevent you from returning to work for a significant amount of time—or forever.
- Pain and suffering include actual physical pain from your car accident injuries and emotional pain and trauma, including depression, anxiety, and PTSD associated with your car accident.
- Property damages are for the damages to your vehicle.
- Punitive damages are rare, only awarded in cases where the defendant acted willfully or maliciously. Punitive damages are intended to punish the wrongdoer and send a message to others to avoid similar behavior.
What Should You Do Immediately Following Your Car Accident?
When you are involved in a car accident, it is expected that you will be shaken up and unsure of what you should do. While getting medical attention is the most important thing you can do following your car accident, other things on this list are also important for your long-term physical and financial security.
- Call 911. Never let the other driver convince you to forego notifying the police and paying you directly for your damages. The police report can help you prove your claim, and the other driver may not want to call the police because they do not have a valid license, do not have car insurance, or have been drinking or taking drugs. Always contact the police following a car accident.
- Get medical attention. Even if you think you are fine, remember that your body is dealing with a flood of adrenaline that can mask injury symptoms. It is always better to have a doctor thoroughly check you out. If symptoms/more symptoms appear later, return to the doctor to ensure your injuries are fully documented.
- If you are physically able, take photos of the scene of the accident, both vehicles, including the license plate of the other vehicle, and anything else that offers insight into the cause of the accident.
- If there are witnesses to the accident, jot down contact information. Witnesses can be an invaluable resource for securing a fair settlement.
- When you get home, contact your own insurance company and let them know about the accident, so they have it on file.
- Write down any details of the accident you can remember. Those details will fade fast and could be important.
- Call the police station to see when you can get a copy of the police report.
- Make a file for all your medical receipts. Keep every receipt associated with your injuries, even if you think they might not be reimbursable. Keep gas receipts for travel to and from your doctor, along with meal and motel receipts if you have to travel a distance to see a specialist. All these things help your attorney prepare the best case possible on your behalf and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Do I Really Need an Attorney for My Car Accident Claim?
Many people involved in a car accident wonder whether they really need a Phoenix car accident attorney. If your accident was little more than a parking lot bump in with no injuries and little damage to your vehicle, then you can certainly handle it on your own. If the accident caused serious injury, lost wages, and additional damages, it is not wise to attempt to negotiate with an insurance company on your own. The insurance company simply has more respect for those who are well represented legally.
You need a legal team that has had significant experience in helping Arizona car accident victims. There are many different aspects of your legal claim that can end up being extremely complex without a strong legal advocate by your side. There are also additional aspects of your life such as finding a doctor who will be willing to wait for payment, securing a rental car, and negotiating with the insurance companies that are simply easier and less stressful when you have an experienced personal injury attorney
Retaining the experienced legal team from Brad Johnson Injury Law is a wise decision. There are many confusing, complicated aspects associated with recovering a fair and equitable settlement following your car accident. We have a team consisting of accident investigators and paralegals who will all fight for you. Having such a team standing behind you should give you peace of mind you may not otherwise have.
We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we do not get paid unless we are successful in recovering funds for you in a settlement or in a verdict. We have developed a reputation across Arizona for fighting hard on behalf of clients who have suffered severe, life-changing injuries following a car accident or another type of personal injury.
How Phoenix Car Accident Attorney Brad Johnson Can Help
Following your car accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier may be responsible for paying your medical bills and the repairs to your car, any lost wages, and for your pain and suffering and emotional distress. Unfortunately, while television commercials portray insurance companies as friends who want to help you in your time of need, this is rarely the case.
Insurance companies are interested in their financial bottom line, therefore, want to pay you the minimal amount. This amount is not only less than you deserve, but it is also insufficient to pay your actual expenses associated with the car accident. In some cases, the at-fault driver may be uninsured or may have insufficient insurance coverage to pay your expenses fully.
Attorney Brad Johnson will deal with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure you receive compensation that covers all your damages. When you contact Brad Johnson Injury Law following your car accident, you will quickly meet with someone after your call. We will help you sort through the details of the accident while they are still fresh on your mind.
We will also do everything in our power to ensure you receive a solid settlement amount that will allow you to get your life back on track. At Brad Johnson Injury Law, we truly care about you and your future. Contact Brad Johnson Injury Law today.